rod growth rate

You have no hope at all of getting a Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine to give any meaningful engine life if attempting to rev it to 11,000 rpm.

As soon as you hit 7,000 rpm, even just once, the damage is done, and it's only a matter of time (much sooner rather than later) when the engine will need a replacement crankshaft.

well i balanced the crank and im completely changing all the port heights and shapes and im making and expansion chamber to suite 10k. if it brakes it brakes its more of an experiment now its not like n need it for transportation anyway. one of the cheapest engines to screw around with.

18mm can't support 10K either, not without some nasty intake trickery at least. somewhere in the 9000s is as good as you'll get

hmm well with that info in mind i will change the plan to tune peak power at 8k rpm than. i dont feel like buying a new carb. i also will re balance the crank to 8k

You may very well make peak power at 8,000 rpm, but engine life will be no longer than the concept of preserving virginity in a brothel.

"As soon as you hit 7,000 rpm, even just once, the damage is done, and it's only a matter of time (much sooner rather than later) when the engine will need a replacement crankshaft."

why will the engine need a new crank can the needle bearing not take high rpm or just vibration from an unbalanced crank?

Back