Newbie from NY

El'Zilcho

Local time
5:05 AM
Hey guy's. So,I ordered a Black Slant 80cc Engine Kit for my BMX 24in cruiser after one too many drinks (it's a common occurrence ) and guess what, it didn't fit. So i decided to get a beach cruiser and build from there. Most of this stuff is in the mail so i dont have any original pics to post yet but here's what i ordered.

Fito single speed aluminum 26in beach cruiser
71Y2WCN20jL._SL1200_.jpg

Voodoo Exhaust. I have no idea how this will workout performance/sound wise. couldn't find much about this pipe
image.jpg

double leg kickstand
31v_L_ylx_S5_L.jpg

Springer front fork
41_IIpt_Bcr1_L.jpg

any advice or suggestions are welcomed. and thanks for having me (y)

I'm doing this backwards but just little background info. I'm a 33 YO operating engineer, i live on Long Island and work in the city on steam turbines, pumps, boilers ,that sort of thing. I have a fairly well built up off road Xterra that I'm kinda proud of and a handful of motorcycles (some running some not). I spend most of my free time either wrenching on something or just generally looking for a reason to be outdoors.

this is the "Di1dozer" btw First and last time i post my truck , promise :giggle:
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
I would feel better if it had v brakes.
I cringe when I think you WILL need to stop fast one day and will not be able to do it.
I tell everybody here to have a bike with v brakes as a minimum.

Greetings Zilcho,

The bike looks familiar as I used a Fito as a base - added Springer forks, but went with the traditional back stand. Good choice on the center mount stand, the back stand is a bit of a pain tho looks good. I agree with the Professor as you shouldnt rely on only the coaster to stop. i added a front side pull but will eventually go drum brake i think. Here's a shot of my build. think you can peg the similarities.

Gobisoxbike shots 003.jpg

Greetings Zilcho,

The bike looks familiar as I used a Fito as a base - added Springer forks, but went with the traditional back stand. Good choice on the center mount stand, the back stand is a bit of a pain tho looks good. I agree with the Professor as you shouldnt rely on only the coaster to stop. i added a front side pull but will eventually go drum brake i think. Here's a shot of my build. think you can peg the similarities.

GobisoxView attachment 54919

Steampunk,sick! I love the tanks. The whole bike looks great.

Is that the long or the short springer? I had a hard time finding a pic with them installed, not really sure what the difference is.

SunkyWorks, I thought about that but to be honest i have a lot of money in that bike it was either gonna barely fit and look sick or i wasn't gonna mess with it at all. Plus, I still need something to peddle home from parties and stuff. Ny is no motor no DWI

Also, i already order the other bike.

You guys recommend any fender kits?

Hey, professor. I see that you're in NY as well. First off, hope you're doing alright with the snow up there. You guys are getting hammered with the stuff. And how are the cops by you? I'd hate to build this thing only to have it end up a PD auction. I know there are no guarantees but what's the general attitude?

Hey Zilcho, It was the short springer as I recall but would prob be worth a phone call to confirm. Fito makes a steel version of that style - I'd go for that. Lots of research says the welds hold better over time with the vibration of the engine. The twin tanks carry a total of 1 gallon so lots of miles between fills. Already jonesing to ride again and it's only Nov. sigh. Workin on a sidecar. Almost done. I'll post it when complete.

Gobisox

Should have read the whole response. The diff between the long and short is the length of the top that slides through the frame. I'm sure that's not the proper terminology but I'm guessin you can translate.:whistle:

Gobisox

Back