Stolen 5 minutes and my bike gone

txcnguy

Local time
5:29 PM
HI
My bike was stolen by three punks in Dubai, 2 of which followed me into a supermarket while the third took off with it. Police were called, language is a issue, a picture was given, so if you think there is no petty crime in the UAE think again. My fault for not locking it, but it was a weekend at 8AM who would have thought punks would be awake looking to steal things. Funny thing is they probably wont know how to use it, will not realize its a 2 stroke, and I am the only one who had one in Dubai as far as I know so do they think at some point I will not find them?

Attachments

• Dubai-20130930-00228.jpg
    Dubai-20130930-00228.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 600
Bad luck, and it looks like u had a few extra s on board.
I use mine for commute to work and lock it in a shed at home and work.
If its not bolted down and can be taken it probably will.
I hope karma comes around on the punks and can only imagine how you feel

Very sorry you lost your bike. Hopefully,you will get it back and the scum who took it will be punished accordingly.

Thanks all. I have a new build, same bike frame, the Giant Simple Seven, in progress.

There must be no police presence and I assume poverty of the masses, I'll have to Google it.UAE right

Wasn't Hammurabi's law eye for eye, pretty basic code of law it would probably end overcrowding in US prison system

No mrbg, Dubai is one of the richest and most liberal cities in the arab world. Police are there, they did file a report, CID showed up (Criminal Investigation Dept.) looked around quite a bit, they were helpful as much as possible. They don't take theft lightly, if they catch them they will get punishment. We all went into the market and looked a surveillance video all together, they saw who did it, I gave them a picture of the bike. The kindly gave me a ride home also and were very nice to me, no complaints on that whatsoever. The Emirati's are very decent quiet people, they respect expats alot.

Back