how do I add lights to a 2 stroke ?

don't do it, it will at best steal power from your ignition, at worst kill your ignition

usually, you can get really nice lights bright as a motorcycle at amazon for less than $40 with a 6 hour lithium rechargeable battery pack

I thought about rigging something up with one of my 18v lithium batteries from my power tools. Make a place to lock it in,run wires to your lights. Then when finished riding pull the battery and put it on the charger. Anyone have thoughts or ideas on this?

I mounted a 2 pound, 12 volt 7.2 amp battery underneath my cargo rack. It runs twin 9 bulb LED headlights, 9 bulb LED tail light and my new Vespa horn. I can go for weeks with out a charge. I now have 400 hundred miles on the bike and half of that is with my power system. I have a 40 second video of my bike, sadly it doesn't show the horn which is forward of the CDI. Here is the video link

I hope that helps and here is the horn and button which is on the left side of my handle bar!

12 volt Bike Horn & Switch.jpg

so how do you go about charging your 7.2 amp? And how or what type lights do you buy to hook up to it? I'm thinking about just buying a security light that goes on commercial buildings that turn on when the power goes out. They have that type of battery

I tried a 4 inch 12v garden tractor light but the 35 watts draw really killed the battery, but loved the look and the illumination. Check out my photo album on this site to see it before the LED's. When is switched to the LED lights, the draw was less than 7 watts and I just put a Black and Decker $25 trickle charger on it about every week for a couple hours and it brings the battery back up over 13 volts! BTW the battery is about a 4 inch cube and coast about $30!

Forget the white wire, that's been rehashed many times on this forum. The newest mag coils don't even have the white wire any more. Battery powered lights are the way to go!

I built a converter to change the 6v output from the white wire to 12v. It worked, but no amps and couldn't even light a 12 volt bulb. I went immediately to 12 volt battery power and never looked back!

do you think I could take A vintage looking headlamp that has 3 LED lights in it that runs off of 3 AAA batteries. do you think I could lose the triple A batteries and wire directly to the 12 volt 7.2 amp battery?also do you know of switches that can mount on on/off switches that can mount on handlebars?

do you think I could take A vintage looking headlamp that has 3 LED lights in it that runs off of 3 AAA batteries. do you think I could lose the triple A batteries and wire directly to the 12 volt 7.2 amp battery?also do you know of switches that can mount on on/off switches that can mount on handlebars?

Back