how do I add lights to a 2 stroke ?

The LED seem pretty tolerable to voltage. I bought my 12v tractor light and tail light at Pep Boys auto store and then switched to the twin Led headlight I bought on eBay. I bought a small rectangular electronics box at Radio Shack to handle the headlight and tail light toggle switches, which is mounted aft of the battery. That switch box which is 4x2x2 is probably too big for the handle bars but could be mounted on any bike tube. You might check Radio Shack or search eBay for switches that could be fitted to the handle bars. Along the way I also tried a bike light that used 3.7v batteries, but too short a life for me.

so do you have your headlight and taillight on separate toggle switches? Or do you have one toggle switch to turn both on at the same time?if they are on separate did you try to put them on the same switch? hope I'm not asking too many questions. Just trying to save myself hours of trial and error. My new engine comes in today and will be starting my second build.

Good point on the switches. When I had the tractor light, I wanted to turn it off during the day, but always ran the tail light. However one swith could run both now. I'll rethink that when and if I get my second build going.

first thing to consider is if you want the 'safety light' that is used on bicycles & just lets cars see you coming, or a real headlight that will allow you to see a pothole early enough at 35mph to keep from breaking your spokes

I seldom ride in the dark, so my light is so people SEE ME! The tractor light would be perfect, but you'll need to charge the battery more often. It's worth a try. You can see how I mounted the 4 inch tractor light in my picture album.

@Harvey Mckee,
how do I add lights using the white wire? Are there any diagrams that show this?

You will find that the white wire from the magneto to power a light set will be basically useless since the power output is pretty much only powerful enough to keep consistant power to the sparkplug.

This is what i did instead...I ordered Burning Sun headlight and tail light that is rechargable by both plug in via USB or from its own solar collector.
There is a video on their website to see just how bright it is...ive been using it for years with zero problems, it can even power your cell phone if it runs dead on you while out on the bike.

I also have two additional Archer tail lights that i run along with the one tail light that comes with the Burning Sun light...They are identical...DAMIEN

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You will find that the white wire from the magneto to power a light set will be basically useless since the power output is pretty much only powerful enough to keep consistant power to the sparkplug.

This is what i did instead...I ordered Burning Sun headlight and tail light that is rechargable by both plug in via USB or from its own solar collector.
There is a video on their website to see just how bright it is...ive been using it for years with zero problems, it can even power your cell phone if it runs dead on you while out on the bike.

I also have two additional Archer tail lights that i run along with the one tail light that comes with the Burning Sun light...They are identical...DAMIEN

Unless you're buying that for the horn, that flashlight is garbage. They claim it produces a maximum of 350 lumens which is laughable.

The victagen 2400, while /not/ 2400 lumens, is easily 900 and similarly priced. Even with a light that bright, you'd still want a headlamp for anything remotely off-road.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Unless you're buying that for the horn, that flashlight is garbage.
Ive had this sucker for some years now...When i see it is brighter than some cars headlights, i would hardly call it "garbage"...Do you have one yourself ???...Im sure the one your highlighting is good as well, but this one is lasting me and their warranty is great...no time limits, if it fails, it gets replaced or refunded and they put it in writing, packaged with the lights...lol...DAMIEN

Back