possib carb/jet issues?????

sourdiesel404

Local time
5:49 AM
ok i got my bike running an on the road first time in year yesterday was my birthday. but my bike wont start or run unless i have thechoke atleast 1/8 on i have a bannana expansion chamber exhaust i think im getting rid of air quicker then gas an thats why ineed choke on what kind of carb should i get to fix this?

first step is to richen the needle & maybe raise the float level to see how it runs then - checking for air leaks at the intake is always good too

go in the direction that lifts the needle out of the hole more - for float level, with the carb upside down, you should see the main jet just barely peeking up thru the float, bend the tangs so it sits up a bit higher (without letting the float hit the end of the tickler rod)

doing this is easy and can easily be put back while giving you more info about how the mixture is doing

Alright thanks crassius unfortunately my tensioner just took out my spokes which sucks first time I've got to ride n a year so IMA take to a bike shop n have them repair or otherwise buy a new rim but when I get it up an running next week I'll post on this thread if I have further issues

Back