Carby thatsdax RT carb vs other SHA 15:15 clones What's the difference?

I order all of my jets from America, which makes it a far more economical proposition. If i were to buy a single 5mm Dellorto jet in a motorcycle shop (somewhere within my immediate location), they want $17AU per jet, which is approx $15 American, and that's nothing less than f*$king outrageous.

I have owned many motorcycles, and raced (in a recreational manner) more than a few motorcycles.

Having said that, the joy of a motorised bicycle far exceeds any of the motorcycles i have ever owned.
I subscribe to the view that smiles per mile is more important than outright miles per hour.

Last edited:
Seems like everything is taxed to hell over there. What's $10 here ends up costing $100 over there for the same thing. Lol

You are 100% correct in your assessment of the situation in Australia.
Some time ago, i shipped a bunch of parts for my radio controlled helicopter (from Singapore) and as an example, one item was around $5AU. The same exact part in the local hobby shop had a sticker price of $23AU - - - Absolutely f*#king outrageous.

Another example: i bought two small silicone bicycle lights (a little flashing device just for visibility) for $20AU each. Only reason why i bought the things is because they were reduced to clear, from a price of $35AU each.
Imagine my horror when i got on Chain Reaction Cycles (American site) and saw the exact same item advertised for $6.49AU. I fell on the floor and cried because i got shafted so bad, and i am being absolutely honest.

We get shafted to the worst degree in Australia, and the same goes for automobiles. A car that sells for $35,000AU in Australia, made by Holden, which is a subsiduary of GM America, sells for $20,000 American at the American dealerships, despite the vehicle being made in Australia.

How the f*#k can they sell the same car for nearly twice the price in Australia, when it is made in Australia and doesn't have any shipping costs associated with sending the vehicle to America.
Next question that always gets asked when Holden says that they only make $5 per vehicle (ok i am over exaggerating). How can they can ship the vehicle to America and sell it for half the price that Australians pay. Holden's standard response is that the cost of labour is so high in Australia. If that's the case, then there is no way that they can sell the thing for half the price in America, and still make a profit.

No question about it, we Australians get shafted; in a big way.

Last edited:
For anyone thinking of getting a runtong dellorto clone, I have some advice: When you order it, get heaps of different Jets for it (I paid $8.25AUD), because the one it comes with will almost certainly be wrong.

My only engine mod is the carbie as the NT one leaked like a siv. With the runtong attached I would get up to a certain revs and it was almost like it had a limiter. It would abruptly start four-stroking at exactly 30kmh, indicating poor scavanging due to waaayyy too much fuel.

I drilled out the jet in it to 1mm as that was the smallest bit I had (Yes I know I should have made it smaller), and it did run for about a minute before it flooded itself. After that I ordered a set of 5 (60,65 ect) and found the #60 works best on my motor. I'm not far above sea level either.

I wouldn't recommend this carb for hardcore tuners at it has literally one adjustment: The idle speed. Everything else is governed by the jet size.

Back