Carby Micro drill bits for jetting NT carb?

those that you refer to step from one size to another in .1mm increments. You need at least .05mm increments. (.5, .55, .6, .65, .7, etc)

Just send me a private message or find my email on my site

Tried to email you and it got bounced back saying you've exceeded your mailbox quota. Tried to PM you and got a similar error. so here's what i sent.

Jaguar,

This is RadicalxEdward from motoredbikes.com. I read through much of your site and I've decided to try to put some money into a new carburetor after getting a bit more information. especially your advice.

The two popular choices (CNS and SHA) are both cheaper on eBay then other sites and that puts them in my price range. There's the SHA 15:15 clone that seems to be the one you recommend, and there's also the CNS carb. It appears the SHA clone is a set it and forget it type affair aside from the main jet. The CNS has more adjustability. I'm leaning toward the CNS for that reason (along with a set of jets). I like the set it and forget it idea but i know it won't work that easily (nothing does for me) and I want to be able to do as much tweaking as possible if it doesn't work great out of the box. So basically I'm just looking for your advice. You've responded to my threads when i've had questions and you seem quite knowledgable about all of this stuff. This will all be in leu of those micro drill bits we spoke about.

Also according to my research I'm at nearly sea level. The highest point in the city is <300' above sea level. Just in case that makes any difference to your recommendation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me out. I appreciate it.

Also according to my research I'm at nearly sea level. The highest point in the city is <300' above sea level. Just in case that makes any difference to your recommendation.

Your site has a load of helpful stuff. If I can get this bike to run reliably and perform decently (right now it barely runs and when it does it doesn't go over about 10-15mph max) then I can justify putting more money into it. I'd love to one day build a bike that takes advantage everything you talk about on your site.

the SHA was fairly good for me when I lived at 8000ft but terrible when I moved to the coast. So its lack of adjustability makes it one I don't really recommend. I hope you've read my report on the Mikuni carb. I have no experience with the CNS.

the SHA was fairly good for me when I lived at 8000ft but terrible when I moved to the coast. So its lack of adjustability makes it one I don't really recommend. I hope you've read my report on the Mikuni carb. I have no experience with the CNS.

Is this the right size Mikuni? It says 18.84 ID which should fit the stock intake manifold shouldn't it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PZ19-lever-...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item20ceefe40a&vxp=mtr

I notice it's got a different style clamp. not sure how much of an issue that would be. could probably make it work.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It doesnt have a clamp, it is bolt on. If its mounting holes were spaced the same then you would lose all intake tract length which is bad for low rpm power. Also it is a 4 stroke carburetor.

Looks like i'll stick with the CNS carb. But there seem to be 3 versions of it. Do you know what the major differences are between those?

Since I'm getting off topic re a new carb, i've started a thread specifically for that in the carb section. I think jaguar has given sufficient answers to the micro drill bit question.

Back