Engine Trouble Help Read my spark plug

Jcarr

Local time
9:46 PM
I'm 4 stroking at wot and am having trouble reading my plug. Here's a pic after 10 mins of wot. Insulator is a reddish brown. Just got new jets in the mail but afraid to install until I know if this is a definate rich problem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 231
looks rich to me
Thanks! I just needed a second opinion. I have a speed carb and from my reading it comes jetted at a 70 so I just installed the dellorto 66 jet like recommended in other threads, gonna take it for a ride in an hour and I'll post results later. Also just put a fresh NGk bph6s in.

Yes, you're runnin rich. Depending on your altitude, you may need a #64. Once you get WOT jetting down, you'll probably have to play around with the needle height to get a good idle and part throttle cruise mix.

Yes, you're runnin rich. Depending on your altitude, you may need a #64. Once you get WOT jetting down, you'll probably have to play around with the needle height to get a good idle and part throttle cruise mix.
Actually need to switch to a 68 I believe. It's definately running lean since the new jet as picture below. I'm getting serious bog down at 3/4 throttle and up. Good thing I ordered a few jets.... Putting the 68 in tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 196
Back