Staton-inc Nightmare continues !

Bill P

Local time
4:37 AM
Bought a staton crank shift kit received incomplete kit and David refuses to make it right. The front Gear box support bolt that runs through the U-bolt is used to align the chain and drive gears, he sent me a 3/8" bolt with two nuts to accomplish this, there should be coupling nuts included to lock the gear box in place, he did not send them, he seems to think I should go out and buy them, this is a $800 kit mind you. Also, no tension spring included for the chain rollers. I send him e mails regarding this and he either ignores them or gives me one or two word replies. The BB cups he manufactures ruined a $200 bike, he refuses to accept the fact that they are machined improperly. I hope I can get this kit together, I guess I can use nuts and washers as spacers on the front support bolt, it's just been very frustrating, no instructions, wrong/missing parts and no customer service......Never again.

Just wait till you get it put together and the gearbox whines so loud, you can hear it over the engine.

I can live with that if it allows me to climb the hills here in town, if I was on flat land I'd have the f/d set up and cruising by now.

Dave can be a stubborn ****. He makes a decent friction kit, but beyond that, you're
in uncharted waters. I went round & round with him over a defective part,(expensive too)
I sent him pictures & explained multiple times. Finally he conned me, "send me the
part & I'll look at it." So I did, & never got anything back, not a replacement, not the
part, and not my money. That's been some years back & he's never gotten another
dime from me. It's more work, but I make my own parts with ,file, grinder, & dremel.

Dave can be a stubborn ****. He makes a decent friction kit, but beyond that, you're
in uncharted waters. I went round & round with him over a defective part,(expensive too)
I sent him pictures & explained multiple times. Finally he conned me, "send me the
part & I'll look at it." So I did, & never got anything back, not a replacement, not the
part, and not my money. That's been some years back & he's never gotten another
dime from me. It's more work, but I make my own parts with ,file, grinder, & dremel.

I've been trying to get him to send me a tensioning spring three times now which was never recieved in the original shipment. I lost 3 of the shcs's that bolt the gear case together through vibration (I guess they don't use any thread-lock ??) I told him about it and he e-mailed me to tell me what size they were, if it's my business I send the customer 3-new screws no questions asked. I guess he makes most of his money doing other things, this bike stuff may just be a hobby, the bad threads on the BB cups is really unbelievable though, especially when ha has others in stock that work great.

Back