after 30-45 minutes I lose torque and speed?

dotcom

Local time
10:18 AM
My top speed is about 29 and it pulls very well lately but today I went exceptionally far (about 20 miles round trip) when noticed it on my way home. I left the motor off for about 2 hours and then the 10 miles back home I was about 3/4 of the way back home when I noticed I slowly lost about 30% torque and speed. 20mph was no longer easily attained. I haven't ridden since but it was just awhile ago.
Here's my work of art and my next one that is in progress. Seats were switched for comfort;) I just painted the 2nd one flat camo green on the metal frame.

example4.jpgexample.jpgexample2 (1).jpgexample2 (2).jpgexample3.jpg

armygreen (1).jpgarmygreen (2).jpg

Last edited:
even 29mph seems a bit low - I'd be looking for compression leaking somewhere & getting worse

Well my speedometer is junk and hasn't been working for weeks now. It trips non stop lately and I haven't figured out how to fix it but last time it was working I hit 29. Since, I have added the engine mount tensioner. the rear sprocket adapter and sprocket and the new high performance head so i think its very possible im surpassing 30+ but I haven't checked my actual speed since added them. I just got back from riding it for about 15 minutes and its as good as ever but for some reason, I think if I ride it strong for a good 30 minutes, it will start to under-perform. Im just not concrete with that theory because of my mechanical background

Last edited:
Just a thought, is it possible that your gas tank is developing a vacuum after 30 minutes of riding and starts to starve for gas? try just putting the gas cap on loose as see if it keeps going strong after 30 minutes. theres a little hole on the gas cap that needs to be kept open , Sometimes dirt gets in and clogs it.

sure I guess that's a possibility though im thinking it has to do with the quality of engine that it becomes fatigued, if that makes sense:)

FB_IMG_1413255836696.jpg
sure I guess that's a possibility though im thinking it has to do with the quality of engine that it becomes fatigued, if that makes sense:)

I see you're running direct drive...
A similiar loss of power/speed happened to me with my jackshaft kit. The left sprocket came lose and threw the alignments off on the chains on both sides. A quick fix...

But its also happened due to inadequate lubrication on the bearings. They get sticky when they get hot.
Personally I use wheel bearing grease for cars on my axels and bottom bracket...

I have two speedometers on my bike. One is completely wireless. That one I noticed was reading 42mph while I was stopped at a red light. My experience with two ways radios lead me to suspect interference.
I pulled my corded speedometer out of mothballs and ran it simultaneously off the same magnet. Corded gives me steady solid readings.
I'm not saying chuck your speedo, just be aware of your surroundings. Neon and flourecent lights and L.E.D. lights on car tail lights cause a considerable amount of RF interference.

today I went exceptionally far (about 20 miles round trip)

A 20 mile round trip is nothing. The engine barely has enough time to get warm on a 20 mile round trip.
Talk to me when you do a 120 mile round trip!

I was about 3/4 of the way back home when I noticed I slowly lost about 30% torque and speed. 20mph was no longer easily attained.

My bike doesn't even do 20mph, even with just about every performance modification thrown at it: http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/16/57/79/33/multi_15.jpg

Back