How to wire the CDI to the Magneto and Spark Plug cap troubles

christophermcmahon

Local time
4:51 AM
Hey guys I have finally finished puting everything on the bike, now I am just working on the electrical parts and I want some reassurance on if I am connecting it correctly. It's blue to blue and black to black from the magneto to the CDI correct ? My kill switch has a red and black wire so my guess is the black goes to black and red goes to blue, but one video told me that I have to ground the black wire to the frame? Is this correct? Also when I was fitting the spark plug to the spark cap and took it out, a spring fell of of the cap and so did the small metal piece for the spark plug to connect to. I put that piece back in and heard a click but left the spring out. Will I need to get a new CDI? Where can I find one? Hopefully Walmart or some where close I hate ordering stuff online then waiting. Thanks in advanced

that video had outdated information. just match colors.

you shouldn't need a new cdi, but replacing the plug wire might be a good idea

kill switch wiring: one wire to the blues and one wire to circuit common which is not always the bike frame if there is material between the frame and the clamps, such as a cutout section of inner tube. Best to run one of the kill switch wires back to some screw on the engine.

maybe some place that carries stuff for lawn care equipment may have a spark plug cap, or a motorcycle shop.

that cap is no good now, but it unscrews from the wire for replacement

Can you just take plug wire from cdi and screw d directly into the spark plug mine has the glue I removed the glue but the cable is just so old it wants to start to tear I'm waiting on a new CDI from grubee inc was just wondering if I could do this in the meantime

Can you just take plug wire from cdi and screw d directly into the spark plug mine has the glue I removed the glue but the cable is just so old it wants to start to tear I'm waiting on a new CDI from grubee inc was just wondering if I could do this in the meantime
Please look at the dates that a thread was made and last replied to...This one is from Oct 15th and 16th of 2014...Your not likely to get a reply to this other than me pointing this out to you...DAMIEN

Please look at the dates that a thread was made and last replied to...This one is from Oct 15th and 16th of 2014...Your not likely to get a reply to this other than me pointing this out to you...DAMIEN
Can you help me out.

I would NOT recommend doing what you just described...I would be afraid of that entire old CDI...just wait for the new one to arrive, you will be happier for it...DAMIEN

I would NOT recommend doing what you just described...I would be afraid of that entire old CDI...just wait for the new one to arrive, you will be happier for it...DAMIEN
Ok,I had ordered parts from bikeberry they just showed up today and the plug wire the plug boot I ordered was supposed to be for the old school and it wasn't it had the new spark plug fitting in the plug if you might know where I can find the old style CDI plug boot let me know

Back