China girl 3d cad model

3D printing is going to be a game changer for sure.
Again nice work.

Just for giggles and grins you could buy a gasbike $99 completely unassembled engine kit and have every part there is all nice and clean.
I know you are just mocking up an engine for frame fitting but you might enjoy seeing what exactly is inside those things.

3d printing IS THE game-changer, fosho homes!

i recently purchased a cheap base-line printer.

now im frustrated cus im over linux and need a puter with windows again...and a good graph card... i havent been able to draw for months! i have the printer on a very ancient windows puter, but that things goes~beep~if you so much as look at it, so drawing...its not for!

the printer(interestingly, uses arduino circuitry)...well,if buying one...spend a bit more. what i have works (prusa mendel) but its very basic... of course, i intend to,

a; redesign a printer using all the nice bearings and rails i now have, and print out the pieces that i can, machine the others...and make something that works, reliably, with at least 5 times the height (200x200mm is fine for the base but by 100mm max? pfffft! theres nothing to definitely locate the z and therefore the x axis and its hanging on springs??)
b; i forgot what i was going to say here...
c; ah! yes...tricolour or full colour printing!(i wonder if they have software that can break a file down to colours and shades? 3 colours they do, but 3 primary plus black and white? 5-full colour? iunno...)

you could MAKE a metal printer following a few routes...powder fusion or arc deposition...a simple tig head, cnc controlled arm, wire fed or powder screeded... they dont HAVE to use lasers ;)(even sunlight? google youtube) lots of fiddling! powder requires powder:)rolleyes:maybe, but where, exactly, do you buy titanium alloy powder? and then heat treat it afterwards?) and a sealed box purged and filled with argon...

it always has the one drawback that the metal is not deposited as one piece in one go. grain lines. flaw lines. crystal growth as the metal cools and reheats continuously... you may have some whizz bang alloy but unless its cast or forged, its useless...

i think metal printing is cool, but i dont think it will ever take over excepting the few areas it has found use. medical/dental, prototyping, etc.

fabian, for half my life or more now, ive been buying machine tools and learning all these things, mainly with the intention of achieving just that...the ideal pushbike engine! a rich uncle would have helped im sure... mmm, air-conditioned shed with expensive machine tools and materials just a phone call or short walk away! rather than slave away all day just to eat, to find ones too tired to do anything but lounge around at home in between. look at the mess of masses of accumulated..."junk"... ;) on the weekends, sigh, and go for a ride instead :giggle:

remember i live in the only state, it seems, worldwide, that has forced me to go back to another passion...

steam :)

could run on diesel! (actually a good idea...)

propane for the initial quick startup, diesel kicks in once hot and running. (yet another pump required!)

nah, the 4 stroke motor idea lives on... a miniaturised whizzer! f them, and their law :)

3D printing is great for prototyping or one-off designs where strength isn't crucial but there doesn't seem to be any way to print anything strong out of metal. everything I've seen has the strength of vietnamese pot metal.

forging, casting, and milling will always be the way to go.

Hey guys,

I'm a 3D CAD artist/engineer/mad scientist and I just wanted to share my latest model with you. The file package can be purchased here:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/happy-time-80cc-engines-3d-3ds/856339

If you're into CAD, you can use this to help design your next frame. It's accurate to within .001" so you know everything will fit prior to real life mock up.

View attachment 54457View attachment 54458View attachment 54459View attachment 54460
is this something i can edit or just renderings? i would also like to know if its a fully working model with a crank shaft and piston too?

Hey guys,

I'm a 3D CAD artist/engineer/mad scientist and I just wanted to share my latest model with you. The file package can be purchased here:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/happy-time-80cc-engines-3d-3ds/856339

If you're into CAD, you can use this to help design your next frame. It's accurate to within .001" so you know everything will fit prior to real life mock up.

View attachment 54457View attachment 54458View attachment 54459View attachment 54460
Am i able to tear this engine down? to like a crsnkshaft in cad or? is this a full drawing i can 3d print or mashine out?

Back