Engine Identification Question (Newbie)

ChuckleHead

Local time
5:44 PM
I apologize if this is an often asked and tired question... but can anyone take a look at this and tell me what it might be in terms of who manufactured it ?

No markings on it whatsoever...

This is my first bike build and I bought the engine used... thanks in advance!

I'm hoping some characteristic of the engine makes it recognizable

IMG_4003.jpg

It really doesn't matter as almost all of these engines are the same...this appears a 80/66 engine.

China Gas
Grubee
Happy Times

they are made in China and have no I.D. on them.
Google "motorized bicycle parts" to find places online that sell stuff you'll need.

66cc slant head with NT carb and sick bikes aftermarket low profile air cleaner.

From the looks of the clutch cover it's from gasbike with 415 chain that munched the inside of the cover where the clutch arm is, but I can't tell if it munched the rounded end which you have to grind down regardless unless you put a 410 sprocket back on it.

Not a bad engine unless it's the $99 completely unassembled one a rookie put together, if that's the case even if you got it for free I'd set it aside and just buy a new one.

Typical Ebay engine. Looks like an aftermarket air filter, and a cheap one at that. It should be a good one to start with, as it appears to be solid, has 8mm head studs, and the slanted plug eliminates a lot of clearance issues. Hope you got the rest of the kit, like Jaguar said, you'll need a lot of parts to finish your build. Good luck and welcome to the hobby.

Back