Low profile plug and cap?

Headsmess,

Wow, you're definately the plug man. Thanks for all the info. I ended up going with a replacement plug for BPM6A, it has some weird number on it, like 5483 or something. Anyway it works fine. I didn't even have to cut the boot, just popped off the lower rubber part and it fit on perfectly.

Slant heads no good? I've been using one up until now, seemed to work fine.

sounds like an ac delco with only numbers..

only slant head ive had the misfortune to receive on an engine was just the zest on top of the entire freaking lemon the engine turned out to be, so maybe im biased... simply, where the plug goes, rather than "retain" and modify the pattern for the standard head, they made a new one... and skimped on material. where there should be some type of "beam" transferring loads between two studs, there simply isnt. and that was the spot where that head warped every time the thing fired up, despite using a 2.5mm gasket at one stage! 3 sides fine, one side...could almost bend it just by looking at it, uri geller style :giggle: the side the plug is mounted in. rather than machine the casting with a recess, they removed most of its strength instead.

careful fiddling with teflon tape beats metal head gaskets IMHO ;) havent had one ptfe gasket let go yet :) (except on aforementioned slant head...) i cant see the point in making copper gaskets anymore when a loop of tape works better :)

Back