Skyhawk GT2 almost done

Well it has been a lot of trial and error but my Skyhawk GT2 is almost complete. Still waiting on turn signal-brake light-license plate bracket so I can complete the wiring and I have new tires coming. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 593
  • Motor 1.jpg
    Motor 1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 464
  • Finished 3.jpg
    Finished 3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Finished 2.jpg
    Finished 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 474
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 631
Looks great. What is the clutch cover/spring tensioner your using? Also, you gotta love the springer. Using the standard rear brake set up?

That is a very nice bike, and I bet it's also a comfortable ride. Where did you get your cool rear rack. I've been looking for one shaped like yours...Steve

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I really like the look of this build but my faith is not with these engines at all. I hope you get some good use of this engine but don't expect it to last very long what ends up happening is the bearings will wear out causing the flywheel to wobble which will ruin your lower needle bearing. I learned this after only 3 months of running Grubee Skyhawks are junk if your going to put in the effort to build a motorized bike get a 4-stroke Honda with a EZQmatic transmission it costs a lot more but is much more suitable in the long term and much more reliable. Make sure to also change those acorn nuts with some proper nuts!

Stevenson, I bought the rack at a local bike shop. It is a name brand and has a set of saddle bags that clip on. I will check tonight for the brand name. Pottus, did you have one of the CDI ignitions that have an advance curve like the Jaguar? I am hearing that motors will last considerably longer with just this mod alone. I guess time will tell. I was looking at trying to do a 4 stroke build but haven't seen any I like the looks of, I know performance and life span is more important but I just cant get by the looks of the 4 stroke builds I have seen. I am sure there are some out there and of course it is strictly a matter of taste so no offense to anyone who has gone that route.

Back