Skyhawk GT2 almost done

Well it has been a lot of trial and error but my Skyhawk GT2 is almost complete. Still waiting on turn signal-brake light-license plate bracket so I can complete the wiring and I have new tires coming. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 596
  • Motor 1.jpg
    Motor 1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 466
  • Finished 3.jpg
    Finished 3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 436
  • Finished 2.jpg
    Finished 2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 631
No I didn't have the CDI upgrade but it may have helped there is some other solutions as well.
http://juicemotoparts.com/products/jmp-total-rebuild-kit.html - Upgrade bearings and gaskets the stock bearings
http://shop.jakebike.com/- Lots of performance parts
The amount your looking at spending your going to be better off just getting a 4-stroke even though I know you said you don't like the look I really don't think pouring money into a China engine is worth it.

Here is my build.
fau1ko.jpg

Pottus, Very nice! I really like the idea of using a Honda motor over the "Chinese knock offs". How many miles/hours do you have on it so far and any issues with the drive train? I would imagine the motor will go for years with just the normal service.

Pottus, Very nice! I really like the idea of using a Honda motor over the "Chinese knock offs". How many miles/hours do you have on it so far and any issues with the drive train? I would imagine the motor will go for years with just the normal service.

It's hard to tell exactly but probably 500+ km so far the drive is great it uses a go-kart clutch however it's not that great on off road hills. Another plus is fuel consumption is very low compared to the Chinese 2-strokes and you don't get any smoke the exhaust is very clean. One thing is I really wish the kit came with the original exhaust instead I had to drill out the mounting holes and tap to a 5/16 bolt the stock size is insufficient with mounting the aftermarket exhaust pipe I would have preferred to just have the original exhaust.

Back