help fom KY

dirtwarrior

Local time
10:32 AM
I just got my friction drive unit for my usx. Well I need help with the mounting to the frame. I have the instructions but nothing fits. I am in Elizabethtown, KY about 40 miles south of Louisville, KY.
I need help

The FD unit looks great. The brackets to hold the FD are made of angel aluminum and the holes are in the wrong place. It was supposed to work with my frame but does not line up at all

What is a USX? What FD kit do you have, be specific as to motor and where you bought it.

Your putting this on the front wheel right? Do you mean a Dimension Edge FD kit? When you bought this kit did you specify that it was for a trike? For a front FD to work the motor needs to be on the right side to drive the wheel forward and the mounts will be different than a rear FD setup.

Dirt DE used to be a quality vendor, Did they suggest you put the FD on only one wheel in the rear?

The kit I purchased was the engage on the fly with the honda 50 and the bracing for the rear. I must be doing something wrong is why I am asking for help. DE is a top knotch vendor and I am in no way faulting them for my mechanical short fall

Wow pricey kit. I've seen a lot of threads on trikes and nearly all that were RWD drove both wheels with a gearbox or FWD. Post in the trike section, your going to need some help from experienced folks. Looked at their site and they do put FD on just one rear wheel. Pics will help if you can narrow down the issue with them.

Back