Project 79cc predator build bmx

I mean no harm whatsoever when I say this but I think you are crazy.

Your welding with the wrong method, with poor skills, in an application that requires a certain amount of aptitude.

Your chances of failure are high. You could get hurt or worse!

Bicycle frame building is a combination of art and science. A lot goes on with a frame even when you are just pedaling it. When you add a heavy motor and other parts, the strain is much more than the original builder expected or prepared for.

I encourage you to weld - that is the only way you will learn to do it! I also encourage you to study the parts of the bicycle and understand how the frames and wheels deal with the stresses.

If you go out and crash on this monster, it'snot going to do anyone any good.

Be safe, my friend!

=Timbone=

Zoomer, round (or roundish) tubes are used on bicycles because they are stronger relative to their weight than channels. That's very important when you are designing an efficient machine that will be powered by human legs. When engines are added to the equation, weight becomes something you can sacrifice for strength and stability.

We just want this guy to be safe!

Timbone

More parts came in jackshaft and gears now time to start to put things together.so these bearing are tight to fit in.looks like a little grinding with a stone and going to have to press these in wasn't easy but got them In all the way.but my back is feeling it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 403
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 379
So jackshaft is in 3/4 shaft
Gears are on
Chain is ready just got to get a new chain breaker today to size up length.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 412
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 388
Both of my bikes were welded with 1/16 rod from HF. (easiest place to obtain rods)

The trick is get your parts stuck together as a foundation, which adds material- onto which you chip the flux off and make more passes until you have a solid structure.

Position your bike for welding in as flat a position as possible after it is tacked solidly.

There are times I use 40 amps in brief spots for light metal.

Well made some more movement...
Got chains on ,jackshaft in,and gears and collars on.everything fit good.
Next step custom gas tank and muffler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 362
Another step closer. Empty and cleaned out old fire ex.
Got it mounted to frame and added a elbow at top to fill it up now go to drill whole for gas line.also added a wider seat to cushion my butt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 377
I like the fire extinguisher gas tank. Don't pay any attention to the nay sayers, this is how you learn and have fun at the same time.

Well been awhile since been on here. pulled the junkyard dog out of the corner of garage and decide it was time to get it running.well today was the first test run and went great.felt like a teenager.first test run went good now got to put some brakes on it. figure ill take it for a your ride this weekend

Last edited:
Back