Project 79cc predator build bmx

So the predator motor has a different shape than ur std motor and I think will work great for the bmx build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 906
So took off tank and muffler freed up alittle of room will still have to cut into frame motor is going be located in the center and custom tank will be made for top and no kit bike tank!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,037
So after going threw about 100 bikes in the garage the mongoose has the best angle setup for the right shape.
So first cut made on the frame to make room for the motor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,008
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 867
So got some metal.
here is the mock up for the frame and motor going be perfect fit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 999
Ummm... Why are you using a round pipe for the motor mount base?
Don't you think a flat plate to rest the motor on would be better?

You also know you can't just put a sprocket on that engine and direct drive your back wheel right?
You need a transfer case for the clutch and gear reduction to final drive sprocket.

Q-matic makes one modified to fit the 79 Pred bolt pattern for $300 and they work well.

2_79ccPredL.jpg

Here is a really good shot of what is required to fit that beast in a bike, and that big 29" Macargi Fatal Love bike.

Pred79halfFL.jpg

Are you still sure what to try put all 70+ pounds of that in a hacked up small kids bike?

Good info. Thanks for the input
The motor is actually going be bolted to a plate which is bolted to the bottom pipe.
Seen that setup for predator in your picture before.
Going have a clutch and jack shaft on this bike .
Got a few 24 and 26 bikes I plan to build later like that .
my thing was just wanted to build a 20 bmx bike that wasn't useing a china motor.went with the mongoose frame because I wanted to use a good bike that was built alittle stronger than the walmart ones. this frame is from the 90's

Started welding on the frame. I'm by far not a good welder but did the hammer test and it's sold spot weld

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 839
Back