Engine Trouble Can't seem to get DAX engine to start

robmac571

Local time
7:14 PM
This is the third engine I've put on a bike. For starters, I've had it for about a year now, but stopped using it around last June when it suddenly cut out when I was riding. I never really got around to fixing it until now and can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I originally thought it was a compression problem and replaced all the gaskets with new ones or homemade ones made of gasket sheets. However, when I replaced all of those it still wouldn't start. My thought is that it may be an electrical problem because I no longer shock myself when I touch the top of my spark plug. Any ideas? I've attached some photos of my current setup, and a couple closeup ones of the wiring and magneto.

IMG_3046.jpgIMG_3047.jpgIMG_3048.jpgIMG_3049.jpg

Do you have a kill switch hooked up? If so disconnect it and see what happens. Your cdi may be shot too, plug wire making contact in the spark plug boot?........also the plug wire going into the cdi looks suspect. Just some ideas.

hard to see but is that the white wire plugged into the CDI along with the blue? that would stop it

Back