Builting Coaster brakes beach cruiser.

stars

Local time
12:22 AM
I was thinking about Building another 80cc Beach cruiser but this time i want Coaster brakes. i think i destroyed my seat pole in the pic because i either over tighten the mount or hit bumps because i did rode on side walks & jumped off side walk curves & bumps with the engine on. do you think coaster brakes are good if yes is it possible to get handbrakes in case i Coaster brake Fail?

Attachments

• hhb.jpg
    hhb.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 248
I refuse to mount an engine onto a coaster brake bike. I will repair them as long as there is at least one good brake on it somewhere though. My GF has one though because she liked the paint, but it has 2 hand brakes and she NEVER uses the coaster.

can someone check out my bike in the pic do you think this can be fixed or resealed? someone Said i can make it stronger then what it was buy drilling so if u know or have any ideals please tell me how because if it can be fixed or repaired and i can mount the engine i will not buy another bike? but if not then im getting another bike.

Last edited:
the post driven into the tube is much stronger than the original tube - done several of these just the same as yours - I charge about $20 to do it, but am not near where you are & I suspect you haven't the skills to do it yourself

so sounds like it can be fixed. how would you do it? i rather have someone fix it up then to buy a new bike. how can u fix it?

Back