Skyhawk GT2 headset size???

Heaset ?

Hello I would like to know if a 1 1/8 heaset will fit this frame .. Mine came with headset but was missing the bearings. If a normal MTB 1 1/8 headset will fit then no problem
Thanks in advance
PHP:

That was the bicycle rider in me coming out with that comment. Ha! The threadless headset design of which we speak is GREAT for a road bike application - lightweight and more than strong enough for racing bicycles. But a 60-70 lb bike revving out at 25-35 mph really stresses the headset. Hard braking and rough pavement can move the star nut around and make setting the headset difficult. But this can be dealt with.

They have a 1" threaded tube that is too short so I ordered a cheap BMX fork with a 9-1/2" threadless tube that I plan to cut off and then put over the Monark tube. The Monark being 1" OD and the BMX tube being 1" ID. I plan to drill a few 1/4" holes in the center of the BMX tube and then when it is set I can plug weld then so the tube never slips. I hope this works since I really like the Monark forks!

SOMF, trying to figure out a pair of triple trees with a 1 inch steerer to fit into this frame, what a pain! How did this work out for you?, Sliding the steerer off another fork over and plug welding into place. Im going insane trying to get something to work for me. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Just wanted to let you know that I like your bike. Very nice tension-er set up, where did you get it from? Is the chain rubbing the back tire sidewall?

Back