Engine Trouble Engine only works under heavy load

pistons are made to take high heat but I'm not asking you to heat it up real high, just enough for the aluminum to expand around the pin to lighten its grip on it. then use water or ice to cool down the pin before hitting on it.

WalMart has butane torches and your grandma has ice cubes.
some bearing supply houses have the bearing you need. Just give them the necessary dimensions so they can look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a big 14oz butane torch and used cold ice water in a spray bottleso I could get it right where I wanted. So far it hasn't worked. Also tried using a bolt and nut to pull it out but to no avail. :-( might end up just having to drill it out.

did you first remove the circlips?

I did indeed.

BTw I appreciate your help on this. I'm gonna be ordering some parts tomorrow but they won't get here in time so I'm gonna have to run the bike as is and just be gentle.

I have never had an engine with an extremely stubborn wrist pin like that so other than suggesting using a piston pin press I don't know what else to suggest. maybe this video will help; "Pressing Out Wrist Pins" on YouTube

Your engine is toast, the HT engines are mostly not worth fixing if it involves major worn internal engine parts. Just get a new engine kit.

I don't think that replacement of the whole engine is good advice till all possibilities have been tried for repairing it.
Throwing things away that can be fixed is just plain wasteful.

Back