Carby CNS carb trouble.... I think

zaruk77

Local time
9:33 PM
I just installed a CNS performance carb on a Skyhawk 66cc. No leaks, no problems with install. However when I went to take it around the block it started taking off at zero throttle. Pulled the clutch in and within seconds it was redlining checked my throttle and I can still pull it back( not stuck wide open I don't think). The only throttle problem I think I could have is that I moved the carb back with an offset pipe, however the cable is not taught. I don't know if its a throttle cable problem, or a carb problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

your slide is in wrong. it's got a notch in one side that matches a little pin inside in the carburetor.

not usually with the clutch engaged but can with no load - if it were the slide, you'd see it by looking thru the carb

You have to adjust the float to have less gas on it. (Very important on the CNS carb) This will result in better idling and better low end performance.

If at wot it stop the motor it's because you need to jet higher. (The jet is too small and it will have too much air at wot) Does the same thing to me first. You need to put some gasket maker(gas resistant) outside where the black seal is behind the white bushing. That help for the air leak.

Change the air filter would help with a main jet adjustment.

CNS rebuild kit with the 5 notch needle will be better if you have the 1 notch needle.

If the engine do to much RPM for nothing you need too screw in the air screw.

Back