Health and wellness...

W

Whiteride

Hello All,

I was wondering what the best operating range is for the two stroke, does it like to run full out, or is it as happy at lower rpms and speeds. I don't want to place undue stress and strain on it and am not sure where it really likes to run. We are speed restricted somewhat around here and this means running it at less than full throttle settings so I'm curious if this lower range is harmful to the motor or if it is ok to run at lower speed/rpm? Should one run it at a higher rpm prior to shut down? Etc. Any helpfull hints would be welcome.

Cheers

as with most engines, they are very comfortable running at about 2/3 of their max

Regardless of what some people say on these forums, there is no possible way to extend engine life by use of excessive engine rpm.

My experience hs shown that these engines live a long and happy life if you can boost low and midrange torque and take advantage of lower engine rpm's for the same road speed, which has side benefits of noticeably less engine vibration.

I generally run my engine between 3,500 and 4,200 rpm with peak rpm at 4,800 rpm, but for the most part i sit on 3,500 rpm.
Once you start to go above 5,000 rpm for extended periods of time, the engine will have a reduced service life.

I was more concerned about running it at low RPMs as it seems harder on it as it tends to struggle. I guess these little buggers are pretty tough, but I don't want to be any harder on it than I need to be. The bike's three years old, do well broken in, so mostly wear issues to be worried about. running about a 30:1 ratio so that should do well.

Depends on the engine most little weedies can be run quite fast, some thrive on high RPMs. The China Girl/ HappyTimes seem to need a slower more relaxed treatment. Odd that they aren't long stroke like the old VeloSoleX engines, which are relentless torque monsters.

Back