Seat pole cracked what to do now?

stars

Local time
9:43 PM
i don't know if i mounted the engine to low but my seat pole cracked & i don't know what happened. is there anyway i can fix this.

Attachments

• moy.jpg
    moy.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
if there are a couple inches below the break, you can fix it stronger than it was by cutting off 6 or 8 inches of an old seat post (the part that fits inside that frame tube & holds the seat), and hammer it down right to the bottom. Then drill 2 holes thru it from the side just above & below the break & put a bolt thru the hole & tighten it down.

i have to hire someone to do that. is there any other way to reconnect it & seal it together untill i find a guy who can do this type of work in my area. i afraid if i ride it i will break it even more

Last edited:
if you need to hire someone for that kind of work this probably isn't the right hobby for you.

I would skip the bolts and have the guy weld it together personally. sticking an old seat tube in there is a good idea though

you saying i find a longer seat pole & stick i all the way threw. and what if i mount the engine bracket on the crack untill i found someone who knows how to wield it. do you thing i can hold out untill next month

you'll certainly break something else if you try to ride it that way - if you have a neighbor that owns a hammer & a hacksaw & a drill, have her fix it for you

my post tells how & later post tells what's needed - hacksaw, hammer & drill

I feel you are not cut out for this kind of work tho. See if there's someone working on these in your area.

you might be able to slather the post with jb weld and shove it in there, but you'd have to work quick

Back