New from Texas

T

TexasPaddler

Hey from Texas,
I'm new to the forum and don't have an engine yet. I am saving my cash up for a Honda GXH50 4 stroke engine from Staton in Oklahoma. I am planning on putting it on my 1986 Bianchi Mtb. I'm 6'2" 240 lbs. Any advice on wether this engine would work for me?
My plan is to commute 20 miles (each way) to work as often as i can. I live in Austin and it is somewhat hilly here.

Thanks for any advice,

-Alan

Welcome to our group.
we don't have many 4 strokers here. you can give us a good review on the subject.
Are you looking at Staton's chain drive gearbox kit? I'm eager to hear about one in action.
I believe a 50cc 4 stroke will pull you along just fine. there are a bunch of big guys here. just check our shirt sizes.... :LOL: http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=585
no, I'm not trying to sell you a t-shirt. :LOL:

I bought a used Staton friction drive kit on Ebay a couple months back. I have it installed but it's been too cold to really put it thru the test.

enjoy our forum,
dave

Yeah, I'm looking at the gearbox chain drive kit. Looks like the inside gear drive they offer allows the motor to be centered over the wheel for better balance. My plan is to get it going before summer. I'll update as I get going. I'm sure I'll need advice. :D

-Alan

Welcome Alan, looking forward to hearing more about the 4-stroke honda install, appears to be a good commuter choice.

wheels

i agree...i can't wait to hear more about some 4-stroke MotoredBiking 8)

welcome to Mbc 8)

Klahowya! I'd like to learn more about 4 strokes as well. But I also like old Bianchi's, what kind is it?

Here is one I saw on e bay

This is similar to what you are talking about on e-bay type this number in the top right hand e-bay search box cut and paste.

72_motor_bike22_1.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on the rear mount engine? Weight? balance? Anything?

Thanks,

Alan

Back