What do to first

Dakota123

Local time
11:48 AM
I just picked up a stock 49cc engine on a bicycle the other day. Dont know much about these little guys. Want a little bit more power out of it. What would be the first thing to upgrade that would give me the most benefit?

spark plug and wire. you won't go any faster but it'll make it run a lot nicer. a good expansion chamber is next on the list

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Any good companies to look at for the expansion chamber or does it really matter? And what size gap for the spark plugs are the best?

Heres a pic of my bike

Any good companies to look at for the expansion chamber or does it really matter? And what size gap for the spark plugs are the best?

Heres a pic of my bike
Looks like a 66 cc but your bike is too small in the pic. Seriously, we don't need to see that tree? :D

Gap plug at 0.028
NGK B7HS or B8HS

Your fuel filter is backwards.

lol is my fuel filter really backwards ?! And how can you tell if its 66cc? Thanks for the info on the spark. Where can i find the wires for it? Would napa have it?

Last edited:
I liked the wider photo with the rails and nice hard wood tree. Seeing it was like a mini vacation for me.
I agree that exhaust and ignition are great first performance steps.
Sickbikeparts.com makes a nice expansion exhaust.

lol is my fuel filter really backwards ?!

And how can you tell if its 66cc? Thanks for the info on the spark. Where can i find the wires for it? Would napa have it?
Closer up pic says it is a 48cc
Your CDI has a soft boot that takes the spark plug with a terminal and really doesn't need upgrading.
All the motor kits I sell come with it now.

Yes, your fuel filter is backwards. Look closely and you will see an arrow on it.

Haha ok ill change that. As for the expansion chamber is there any way to get one that angles down the same way? Or you gotta heat it up and bend it how u want

Back