NGK B6HS Spark Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbone

Local time
5:31 PM
I recently replaced my stock sparkplug with a NGK B6HS and the results are stunning! My moto can't go any faster (until I gear it a tad larger) but it runs so much better! Huge difference! The engine runs quieter, stronger and steadier. I can tell that the CDI and the NGK plug get along really well.

If you are having any issues at all with engine performance,upgrade the spark plug!

I keep learning...

I took a stab in the dark. I put in the b8hs I will change to the 6.

makes no real difference, just the 8 runs a bit cooler, gets a bit blacker on the insulator nose, but probably better for long WOT rides in mid summer...

personal preference is for the "r" series...ie, br6hs...

cool thanks. I was wondering what the hot plug was. I just used the catalogue and cross referenced all the 50cc motors and took a guess. It runs better. The motor is tired. Its a process of elimination.

I've found that a good plug wire makes a really huge difference too. I've got a plug wire from a Mopar of some sort (guessing a neon type thing based on the length) that I found in a junk box on the side of the road one day and it immediately solved the problem I had with the thing missing at idle and while climbing revs.

I agree.

i tried proper 15kv neon sign cable, cus i had a few metres of the stuff...

but even pinching an old silicone lead from the (someone elses) car is better than the stock POS.

and the plug boots on car leads are 125.265% better than the stock boots. just make sure the top cap on the plug itself is done up tight or that starts to be the letdown! it keeps undoing! also just gently crimping the spark plug boot so the terminal inside grips the plug a bit tighter...392.472% improvement over stock. :mad5:

Hey guys, where do I buy the ngk-b6hs plug? I have searched online at O'Reilly, Napa, AutoZone, and a small parts house here in Conroe, Tx with no luck.

NGK always has proven to be a reliable spark plug, at least in my experience.

SickBikeParts sells the ngk-b6hs, but i prefer the NKG BP-6HS which features a projector nose, getting the firing tip further away from the combustion chamber wall.

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/Products/BP6HS.html

I have always run the #8 heat range because my engine works hard (operating for extended periods of full throttle), all day, every day.

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=146

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back