Have people stopped using the Robin Subaru EHO35 since the price shot up?

up247

Local time
7:24 AM
After a brief search, I read that the disaster in Japan affected the Robin's availability. So are people just using Honda's and Huasheng's now? Are there replacement parts for the Robins out there?

After a brief search, I read that the disaster in Japan affected the Robin's availability. So are people just using Honda's and Huasheng's now? Are there replacement parts for the Robins out there?
I know I'm using my two, but as far as buying them yeah it's gone nuts.It went from $300 to $500 after Fukushima, then special order only.
Scour the web for parts, who knows, but your best bet are used ones that pop occasionally on ebay, they are powerful, light, and long lasting little engines.

.It went from $300 to $500 after Fukushima, then special order only.

and make sure you run a Geiger counter over whatever you get from Japan. Don't for one second think that the Fukushima disaster is over. Every part of Japan is now contaminated (to a greater or lesser degree) and the entire pacific ocean will be a dead zone in 5 years time.

Japan is selling contaminated produce to Thailand, which is then mixed with local produce and shipped to America and New Zealand, thereby avoiding stringent testing.
If you happen to be the unlucky sod that eats something loaded with hot produce, the outcome isn't going to be good.

I would be very reluctant to buy anything that's made in Japan or that uses parts sourced from Japan, unless first running a Geiger counter over those items.

I forgot all about the long term effects on their products, if any

R/S is a great lil motor but not worth 2 Honda gx 35s. If you get the best deal on a Honda $239 I think 2 are actually cheaper then 1 soobie. $529 is a lot of money for a mab motor when you have other choices. I'd even buy a H/S 38cc $119 from gasbike b4 paying that for a soobie.

and make sure you run a Geiger counter over whatever you get from Japan. Don't for one second think that the Fukushima disaster is over. Every part of Japan is now contaminated (to a greater or lesser degree) and the entire pacific ocean will be a dead zone in 5 years time.

Japan is selling contaminated produce to Thailand, which is then mixed with local produce and shipped to America and New Zealand, thereby avoiding stringent testing.
If you happen to be the unlucky sod that eats something loaded with hot produce, the outcome isn't going to be good.

I would be very reluctant to buy anything that's made in Japan or that uses parts sourced from Japan, unless first running a Geiger counter over those items.

I don't think I'd eat or drink any of it but metals aren't too good at holding onto radiation for a long time

I don't think I'd eat or drink any of it but metals aren't too good at holding onto radiation for a long time

meaning theyre spitting out invisible radiation...

meh. probably more radiation from these china motors considering thats how they tend to get rid of nuclear waste these days... mix it in with castings at the foundry.

yay! go nuclear energy! cheap AND clean! as long as you dont mind a few tumours and some leukemia here or there... cheap because they build em on faultlines...clean because they dont emit soot or unburnt hydrocarbons...what a hoax!

I'd imagine the crap that comes out of a 2 stroke exhaust would give you cancer way quicker than a little bit of radiation in the casting personally

Back