broken carb

1max

Local time
4:47 AM
My carb broke where it attaches to the intake.I put JB weld on it will it hold? the carb kept blowing off the intake so I tightened it real tight.if not is there a easy cheap replacement?

you might get it to work that way, but I just ordered 3 carbs from BGF for under $10 each

is BGF on online company and how do I order .the JB Weld was $9

I think I'm going to I'm waiting for Crassius to tell me how to get ahold of BGF to get a new carb.I have one concern though if I go over 20 miles per hour the old carb was blowing off am I going to have the same problem with a new one? could it be back pressure from the exhaust and should I take off the end cap on exhaust?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
looking for a 48 CC 2 stroke carb will check out thanks

Last edited:
can't find a carb to match it has a D on it and the serial number is C 32cns66 epa 48cc GT2B

yes, yes, backpressure from the exhaust is the issue...never mind the fact that it isnt, it sounds good :)

only carb i ever had "pop off" was the mikuni vm18 because its rather hard to get a 22mm bore to clamp to a 17mm pipe... sorted it out, then the air filter was the hassle. sorted that out, and put it back on the shelf as being completely pointless, being 2mm larger than the intake manifold (18mm throat carb on a 16mm ID manifold? why? someone, please tell me WHY?) and just generally being a... a... female dog :) $70 odd, that at least i bought for a completely different engine but was worth trying while it was lying around...

butre answered all questions. do what he says. generic NT carb. push on all the way. numbers? what numbers? you just get on ebay and look for "motorised bike carb", and avoid any that say "speed" or "high performance" as they just cost more and do less ;)

Back