Engine Trouble troubleshooting help needed.

dotcom

Local time
12:46 PM
Does this mean there is an air leak b/c I checked and have all bolts tightened?
Its a new motor from boygofast on the 2nd tank of gas. At first it was riding very strong from the take off and even good on straight aways but then a cylinder bolt/stud broke as I was tightening it and I removed the cylinder to remove the broken cylinder stud/bolt and when I put it all back together with the new stud and new exhaust gasket that I made, it was not the same at all. Now its does not take off 1/2 as strong as before or pull up to speed as normally like it use to. I have tried removing the cylinder again and again and checking for air leaks but im at a standstill with it after thinking ive tried everything. Need ideas please

Sounds like you have a small compression leak...did you replace the gasket or seal the bottom of the cylinder?? Did you take the cylinder off the piston?

yes changed the gasket under the cylinder but did not put gasket sealer if thats what you are referring to. Is it essential to put gasket sealer b/c the old gasket didn't make a difference but I just decided to change it b/c it was pretty wet of oil from testing and constant troubleshooting the last 2 days before I decided to make this post.... Or?.....

might be most anything from a tiny sliver of metal from the broken stud lodged somewhere to just the rings needing to get seated again - I'd run it a while to see if it changes

Back