Chain recommendation

Slaz

Local time
8:57 AM
I have been having some trouble with my chain. I have a 415H on right now (till the master rod popped out) I'm wondering if anyone can give me a link to a really good chain to use for a 2 stroke China motor (seahawk)

415 is a good heavy duty chain I would stick with that. What do you meant by the master rod popped out? It shouldn't have done that unless you installed it wrong or there was a serious defect with it.

I switched to a #41 chain, which came in a 10' piece. It is easy to get at most local garden implement stores for around $20. Several people on this site have also recommended this type and number!

I switched to a #41 which I purchased at my local garden equipment center. I think it is stronger than the #415 which broke one of the first times out. The size is marginally different and works well with the engine and frame and tire clearances.

chain problems are almost never the fault of the chain (unless it is a factory defect)

with a dead-perfect install, I've seen folks run plain old bicycle chain for years (wouldn't recommend that tho)

kit chain is fine

I wrecked my kit chain when I sucked up a stick, best I figure the stick got wedged between the chain and sprocket caused the chain to come off track. I haven't had any such problem with the #41 from Tractor Supply.

The #41 is by far better than any kit chain, I buy #41 at tractor supply in ten foot lengths for about $18. I also pick up a three pack of master links for about $2, I can make two chains and have a spare master link for $20.

Back