many many mods to be done

what I think happens wheelbender is that once they see its a bicycle they know it can't be going very fast and so ignoring what their eyes are seeing they pull out in front thinking they have enough time. probably an unconscious process.

I agree. that is so near the truth that its painful :) they SEE you. but experience says youre going to take at least 15 seconds or more to reach where they are, and boy, do they get a surprise when you overtake (well, undertake up the outside) them and give them nasty looks as they slowly, ever so slowly, accelerate to driving speed... "first gear"...."2nd geeeear"...." 3rd geeeeeeeeeeeeeear"....oh man, you arent scared of a little speed are you man?

weeee. time to chuck on some old cheech and chong movies :)

Thank you for all the input, moving forward can I get some help with top speed of my future setup. Stock gearing, 11 tooth speed sprocket for sbp shift kit, 18 tooth cog on sturmey archer xl-rd5. I always ride safe 3 close calls but when you pay attention and obey the rules of the road you only have to watch for others actions.

Last edited:
3 close calls but when you pay attention and obey the rules of the road you only have to watch for others actions.

Problem with that concept is that you're not a cat.

After 3 close calls, it's time to give up the concept of getting away with excessive speed on a motorised bicycle and ride "in keeping" with the speeds normally associated with a conventional bicycle, because motorists assume your bike to be traveling at a speed somewhere near that of a conventional bicycle, when making lane changing or traffic entry/merging decisions.

Problem with that concept is that you're not a cat.

After 3 close calls, it's time to give up the concept of getting away with excessive speed on a motorised bicycle and ride "in keeping" with the speeds normally associated with a conventional bicycle, because motorists assume your bike to be traveling at a speed somewhere near that of a conventional bicycle, when making lane changing or traffic entry/merging decisions.

I am always safe. But when someone runs a stop sign(had no stop sign for me, but thats why i ride for tomorrow. It doesn't matter if your on a mb or motorcycle or in another cage. It's incidents like these that I consider close calls because if I didn't pay attention it would be curtains. The most dangerous thing on the road are the people that disregard the rules.

raise the exhaust port 3mm and the transfers 1mm and make sure they open at the same time.
but be aware that no matter what your engine porting is that the expansion chamber has its own RPM limiter due to the return waves having a reverse effect at too-high rpm. If the porting don't work then shorten the pipes header 2 inches (to start).
too rich jetting limits high rpm also. so does too advanced ignition which is what you have if you have the stock CDI unit.

Back