Engine Trouble Engine loss of power when hot n fourstroking alot

four cu

Local time
11:22 PM
On third take of fuel n still same problem it's getting hot quick and fourstroking. I've tried main needle nothings leaking. Floats where it's soposed to be. New plug good ngk kind. Tried three different gas to oil ratios. Please help. I'm more concerned why it gets hot n looses power so fast.

if you can find a point in the throttle at which it 2-strokes when going uphill, then it sounds like you're OK and just need to wait till the rings finish seating

now, is it really four stroking? what happens when you open the throttle completely? and what exactly do you define as "hot"?

"hot" is when smoke starts coming off any oil on the cylinder. you cant hold a finger on the head for less than two seconds (though i do have really thick skin so maybe not :giggle:) and thats caused by really lean jetting. which would not be "fourstroking" at all. really advanced ignition could do it too..

might have gotten one of those lemon engines i had the misfortune of once purchasing, the only engine ive seized yet :)

whats the plug number, and whats its insulator look like after a good run?

I tried different jets n no better appeared to be bigger n smaller then I currently use. After a good run less then five km just crusing at half to 3/4 it becomes hot n has NO power. It only sounds like fourstroking once it's got warm. Im using b6hs ngk 20140822_130750.jpg

Seems to be getting hot way to quick I've built up seven bikes n this is first issue that has been such a headache and not a nice fix. Once again I'll Check fir leaks but ice checked plenty of times.

I'm at that point at which I'd have to see & hear it to know much more, but that plug looks a bit like it was leaking thru the threads - I'd clean the area around it & see if oil appears.

Back