Replacement engine suggestions please

motorisedbiker

Local time
12:22 PM
Hello my name is Tony and i currently have a old F80 66cc Ped Bits engine on my bike bought from MBB Imports a couple of years ago. (Australian) The engine is still going however has issues and is looking very tired.

So my question is what is the best engine i can get to replace this old hunk a junk?

I would like atleast 66 CC as i live in a hilly area and am quite heavy and some times i like to take off with the clutch a bit too.

Ideally it would be about 70cc, quiet, reliable and have a gearbox! (Dreamland i know)

But im ready for any suggestions..

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the reply.. I love your motorized bike train. But im not sure how the answer is simple? What is that set up?

It is a relatively straight forward mechanical assembly, consisting of a 66cc 2-stroke Chinese centre mount bicycle engine, coupled to a Heavy Duty Shift Kit (with optional chain tensioners) manufactured by SickBikeParts.

The more complex aspect is that of the original bicycle chain drive to the rear cassette which needs a good deal of chain stabilisation for it to be reliable, but having said that, someone else has made a much simpler system than is installed on my bike.
The front derailleur is still used and operates across two sprockets, being the optional SickBikeParts 40 tooth and 24 tooth sprockets, to give good road speed and good hill climbing ability.

Back