Issues on first run - possible build issues

mjolnir

Local time
10:51 AM
hello everyone,
i recently finished putting a motor on a huffy bike, and i have some issues.
first off, the throttle has no response, and is stuck open.
second, when i pull the clutch while the motor is running, it revs really high.
if anyone has any idea what is going on id love any response
thank you

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! thank you so much that fixed both of my problems! the only thing now is to deal with the rattling xD

If it's a rattling sound you're talking about, I stifled it in mine with a bit of lithium grease between the gears behind the clutch side cover. Try not to get any in the actual clutch unless you want it to slip the whole way. A lot of people recommend putting a cut up mousepad in there but in my opinion that just masks the problem.

If it's vibration, add weight to your handlebars. Fill it with sand or lead shot or something. If that doesn't solve it, double check that your motor mounts are tight. Mine are permanent and I don't get much of any vibrations from the engine. If you've got rubber between the engine and frame, get rid of it, it makes vibration worse.

the vibration isnt bad at all, and no i do not have rubbe in between, figured it would wear out and eventually just make my mounts losen, its just a lot of rattling goin on. thanks for the tips, ill try those

the vibration isnt bad at all, and no i do not have rubbe in between, figured it would wear out and eventually just make my mounts losen, its just a lot of rattling goin on. thanks for the tips, ill try those

excellent thinking sir :)

they just rattle a lot...the gears dont exactly mesh to a fine degree of tolerance, and well...they rattle a lot! (the engine as a whole, that is) noisy lil beasts!

Back