Got pulled over.......

Gear_Head_717

Local time
6:04 AM
So after doing some modification to the bike I decide to go test run it in my high school parking lot. Its 11:30 at night on a tuesday. The baffles were removed so it was a little loud. BTW the parking lot is very dark and is a known drug traffic area. Cop roles through with his head lights off and sees me. When I saw him I killed the engine which killed the front light as well. Rolled slow but saw in my bike mirrors the lights come on and He pulled me over. Got all my info, thank god he didn't ask for a license because I didn't have it (I'm 15). Ran me up, came back and told me to pedal it home. SO WHATS YOUR COP STORY?

Honestly it was a pretty bad idea to be testing it at 11:30 at night. If you ride these things it's better to do it during the day because they're really noisy and police don't respond to noise complaints until after 11pm so you'll be fine unless you run into a patrol (even then they probably won't bother you as long as you aren't causing trouble). As for cop stories I don't have any yet but I'm sure I will, the cops by me harass people that aren't breaking the law so riding a motorized bike that isn't street legal under any circumstances will probably get me pulled over at some point.

I've looked up the statutes for my state (Tennessee). I built my bike so it would be legal. I obey all the traffic laws fully. Therefore I've never been pulled over. See police on most days I ride.

stop and identify? is it the 4th amendment that outlaws that? unreasonable search and seizures? well, he was riding on public property(doubt if its public anymore)

I think I'm going to puke!
I've looked up the statutes for my state (Tennessee). I built my bike so it would be legal. I obey all the traffic laws fully. Therefore I've never been pulled over. See police on most days I ride.

I have a loud and obnoxious machine that can exceed the speed limit on every single road in my 12 mile commute, and that commute goes right through 2 school zones and past a dispatch station that always has a cop or three coming out or going in. I've never been stopped because I always wear a helmet, have a full 12v lighting system and enough common sense to obey all traffic laws whenever people might be looking.

I'll admit though, the first few times I saw a cop while riding my bike I did a little pucker

Back