Clutch Clutch is stuck engaged

ericng

Local time
10:32 PM
I've look at every video I could find; but when I push on the bucking bar; it wont push in to disengage the pressure plate on the other side. I have the sprocket off and the big gear off; the clutch shaft turns but wont push in to disengage. Some videos suggest to just pedal the bike and it should unlock but I wouldn't want to cause damage. Any suggestions?

there is no good way to push that bar without having the cover on and using the clutch arm on that cover - take the cover off on the other side to see what's going on there while you push the clutch arm

I've already taken off both covers, sprocket and big gear, yet I still cant push in the bucking bar... I've had to jb weld my clutch arm back together as a result of this. Some videos/ forums suggest I should just put everything back together and try to pedal it to unjam it, but I wouldn't want to cause any damage.

If you have all that apart already, why not just slide the shaft out & look at it?

not too sure how to do that, kind of new to this kind of stuff :/

you should definitely read more here and look at the pics of the disassembly, then tap in out with a plastic mallet - tap the end that had the sprocket on it

or the flower nut on the clutch side isnt wound in so far that no amount of pressure will allow it to release?

the suggestion to search, read, and have a better look is about the best advice.

while with a new engine, the clutch pads and plates can get stuck together, and simply riding will fix it, doesnt sound like its the problem here... not if the clutch arm is breaking things!
you should be able to release the clutch by pushing that clutch arm, with your thumb!

dig deeper. my money is on the flower nut being badly adjusted.

Back