mtb motor mount

toronto

Local time
4:04 AM
i have searched the forum and i cant seem to find the info i am looking for i am wanting to build a 4 stroke mountain bike and i am wondering if the is a motor mount made for the wider down tubes of some of the newer mtb's any info or links will be greatly appreciated
i am not much of a fabricator
i know i can drill the ezm mount that i got with my ezm kit but am hoping i can find a ready made mount

Most engine vendors sell engine mounts for oversized engine frame tubes. Please give us a chance to help you with this before you
resort to drilling a hole in your frame. There really is no good reason to drill the frame anymore to mount an engine.

i have searched the forum and i cant seem to find the info i am looking for i am wanting to build a 4 stroke mountain bike and i am wondering if the is a motor mount made for the wider down tubes of some of the newer mtb's any info or links will be greatly appreciated
i am not much of a fabricator
i know i can drill the ezm mount that i got with my ezm kit but am hoping i can find a ready made mount
Which 4 stroke mount is in the EZ motorbike kit now?

There are no pics of what you get so it would be great if you posted a pic of all the parts in an EZ kit.
thanks
A pic of your bike would help too.

Most engine vendors sell engine mounts for oversized engine frame tubes. Please give us a chance to help you with this before you
resort to drilling a hole in your frame. There really is no good reason to drill the frame anymore to mount an engine.

lol no not drilling the frame i am drilling the mounting plate

pSPCK1-18239899v275.jpg

this the bike
and the mount that comes with the kit is

017.6873723_std.JPG

and as you can see both ends are the same diameter

already, i can see issues.

say goodbye to the cranks and chainrings on your frame. you need "offset" cranks to clear the engine.

imho, that makes for an awkward ride.

the gearbox in the kit, is, i believe, a decent choice, nicely made... i see a supported sprocket. thats good. but possibly not.

the mount, well...if all you need to do is drill the bolt holes, and replace the existing clamp straps with something wider....easy peasy :) go for it!

the huasheng...im inclined to say they really are POS.... but thats only from experience, mind you.

Back