Ignition system

aranor104

Local time
1:13 AM
Is there a way to make an ignition system that would start the engine like in a car?

you'd have to find an electric motor that puts out enough torque to turn over the engine and design a new clutch side cover to let the motor engage the gears in the engine. it's a big project and considering you had to ask if it was possible you might not be ready for it.

I don't know of an existing aftermarket solution

Won't be hard to connect the electrical motor to the chain or sproket but where do I find this electrical motor and how do I know that it's strop enough?

search and destroy (I mean "build")

since no one has done what you are asking then no one has the answer. Just get a strong low rpm electric motor that can run on 6 or 12 volts and hook it up and see if it works. If not then go stronger.

Then you tell us what motor is necessary!

not too mention coming up with a decent charging system and seriously, whats wrong with using the clutch like everyone else?

you need a motor, as previously stated.

you need a one way clutch, or freewheel, unless you intend on using the same motor as the generator.

you would need a fairly hefty switch, or to wire up a solenoid/relay.

you would need a battery.

you would need a machine shop or pockets deep enough to warrant the whole project pointless and just get an engine with Estart.

you know the motors strong enough when it can break your thumb and still pull 1000rpm. think cordless drill in low gear.

what chain and sprocket will you attach it to? the one that goes to the wheel? theres a clutch that separates that part from the engine itself ;)

usually, by the time people get this far...they dispose of the petrol engine altogether and call it an E-bike :)

There are plenty of 50cc scooters out there with electric start, therefore lots of parts. Try aliexpress or ebay. Personally I think it to be a huge waste of time and money, most scooter guys look for ways to add a kickstart due to reliability issues.

Back