RS-68 Legal Motorized Bikes in Florida at last!!!

Gene

Local time
8:02 AM
Yes Dudes you too can be legal. Just go down to the DMV and register your Motorized Bike with Procedure RS-68 Don't expect the DMV worker to know, it is all very new. Come on dudes get the tag. No more Cops, No more whining and no more troubles for us with Motorized Bikes. WOO HOO

Hey I live in Bay County FLA, and F.S. 316.001 STATES THAT MOTORIZED BIKES ARE NOT CLASSIFIED AS MOTOR VEHICLES. I have no D.Ls I HAVE been pulled over several times but TO NO AVAIL THEY HAD TO LET ME GO.LOL

Hey I live in Bay County FLA, and F.S. 316.001 STATES THAT MOTORIZED BIKES ARE NOT CLASSIFIED AS MOTOR VEHICLES. I have no D.Ls I HAVE been pulled over several times but TO NO AVAIL THEY HAD TO LET ME GO.LOL

Good for you Phil but many of our Brothas have not been so lucky and anyway you don't have to have a DL to register your motorized bike. It says nothing about having a DL for it. Get a Tag dude stop pressing your luck Have a Great Day

Why the **** would you want to pay the State of Florida something for nothing....Once you start letting the state into your affairs they will always take more....

Why the **** would you want to pay the State of Florida something for nothing....Once you start letting the state into your affairs they will always take more....

I get a kick out of guys like you . Everything you encounter in life is a battle of you against Big Government. You are the eternal crusader in righting all the wrongs and acting like David against Goliath. But you fail to see on many levels reality.
The State of Florida has done what many other states have not done, that is make a Motorized Bike LEGAL. The State has also given this Hobby a mechanism to operate under the law and in doing so protected from various law enforcement departments who chose to harass drivers of Motorized Bikes when they chose to do so. And they have and have cost many in our hobby many hard earned dollars and time in the court system as evidenced by the many posts here in the past. I suggest you read some of them. You might develop a different attitude. Finally the State can charge for their administration of Motorized Bikes a modest and reasonable fee as they do for many activities. I wonder if you have a fishing license or any other license for that matter. Or possibly you are the outlaw we read about in dime store fiction novels. Save the politics for your dinner table get a tag.

Glad I could brighten your day...Get a tag....then you will need insurance, a helmet, side mirrors, backup lights, a copilot.....you fail to see the truth....you let the goverment in and they will never stop....bet you voted for O***** also.....I don't care to read anymore of you smart*** remarks.....Keep the State out of this as much as possible....

A Helmet is not required in Florida DUH! And who doesn't want side mirrors? HELLO the Government is IN they are called COPS. Get off your Political Horse RS -68 is not the Bilderburg taking over the world. In any event for those who are truly ecstatic over this development here is this for your reading enjoyment....http://www3.flhsmv.gov/dmv/Proc/RS/RS-68.pdf

You both have a point, Doug don't sweat things you have no control over, just ride and stay under the radar yourself, while proving in your riding that "we don't need no stupid regs!".

Gene I too prefer to ride legal. That's what inspired me to build a bike which shifts gears fully and completely automatically. Here is the problem with not riding legal, you never know when another vehicle may run into you. If you aren't legal then its a double fault collision. For example say a car hits another car and is at fault. However the victim car driver doesn't have a driver's license. Both are charged and are considered at fault. Neither can sue for damages since both are at fault. The way the law looks at it is the victim driver shouldn't have been there to begin with.

So if you don't have that tag in Florida you risk being ticketed. Also in the event of an accident where it wasn't the MB fault they wouldn't be able to sue for damages without that tag.

The 2013 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL
View Entire Chapter
316.001 Short title.—This chapter may be known and cited as the “Florida Uniform Traffic Control Law.”
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135.

Phil if you're going to quote legal statutes at least know what you're talking about.

Back