twin carbs

How did you attach two throttle cables to each other?

Pics please.

Did you ever get an answer?
I know how to connect two cables to one control. I've built one already.
I propose a trade: tell me how to tune my carb and I'll give you the parts list for a cable coupler...
Deal?

Ahhh, but i went straight to the "search" function on this site (and researched the topic) and it gave me all of the information on how to connect two cables to control one.

Now may i ask what else you have to trade?

Ahhh, but i went straight to the "search" function on this site (and researched the topic) and it gave me all of the information on how to connect two cables to control one.

Now may i ask what else you have to trade?

:giggle:

ill give you a rubber duckie for your "oryg" cable splitter :)

oh wait. i got no rubber duckies. :(

and wtf do i want a splitter for anyways?

ah! for my old twin carb cb250, thats right!

but i sold it?

oh. :poop:

i could do you a one time special on a geriatric fondling yurt ?

Why do you spend time in this forum?
All you do is pretend to know what needs to be done to fix/correct/modify in every topic I've seen you comment in. You never show any links when you say you've searched. You haven't given any helpful information to any question I've asked. Your high brow antagonisticly insulting responses I don't find amusing at all.

Boost bottles have made a difference for my motor. I was just looking for info on how to complete the install via adjusting my carb.
You gave me a shoping list for another type/style of carb and goodies to buy with it but not the information I asked for. Even after I redirected your limited attention to my original question...
What are you here for!? You are certainly NOT helping!

Funny how I searched for throttle cable splitter (which was the original question) and only found two posts on the topic. One of which was my own post and niether one says how to build the splitter. The other gentleman said more about how to build a cable pull multiplier...

Care to tell another lie "Fabian"?

Last edited:
All you do is pretend to know what needs to be done to fix/correct/modify in every topic I've seen you comment in. You haven't given any helpful information to any question I've asked.
Your high brow antagonisticly insulting responses I don't find amusing at all.

You gave me a shoping list for another type/style of carb and goodies to buy with it but not the information I asked for.

well said :)

its all he knows how to do. buy "off the shelf" gadgetry, install it, and fob it off if it doesnt suit his particular style of riding.... and demand that everyone else follow his example. so do i, except i tend to make all my gadgets...

im inclined to say boost bottles DO work, otherwise yamaha wouldnt install them as factory items.

i think, myself, that faby baby once PURCHASED a boost bottle kit, installed it as per the limited instructions...and not seeing immediate results, poo-poohed the idea.

they are a resonant system, just like expansion chambers, just like variable length manifolds, just like helmholtz resonators. they dont work if out of "tune", just like brian may would be some unknown bum, if he couldnt tell his Eb from his C#...

as for your question...tuning the nt IS basic... try looking for "mikuni tuning guide", i know ive linked to it several times and im not about to google for the link again!

Your high brow antagonisticly insulting responses I don't find amusing at [all...] What are you here for!? You are certainly NOT helping!

My goodness, you have a cracking sense of humor.
I need a terrifically good laugh from time to time. Please keep your comments coming my way; ramp it up a bit if you really care to make a proper soapbox statement.

Last edited:
its all he knows how to do. buy "off the shelf" gadgetry, install it,

That's the way i like to do things: install a proven product and go riding - the emphasis being placed on riding.

i think, myself, that faby baby once PURCHASED a boost bottle kit, installed it as per the limited instructions...and not seeing immediate results, poo-poohed the idea.

I only poo-poo ideas that don't work or are a complete waste of time, such as a 'boost bottle".

boost bottles DO work, otherwise yamaha wouldnt install them as factory items.

They have done, but not used as a performance enhancing device.

With respect to the Chinese 2-stroke centre mount bicycle engine, a boost bottle will prove have no advantage with a well tuned standard NT carburettor. That said, the boost bottle concept is ineffective; just there to add weight and nothing else.

I have found that the quickest way to set up the NT carburettor is to drop the needle to it's lowest setting (e-clip as high as it can go on the needle) and jet the carburettor rich from the start i.e. throw in a No 80 main jet (based on 98 octane non ethanol Australian lower south eastern states fuel which works out to 93 octane American).

If the bike is 4-stroking, drop 4 jet sizes to a No 76, then to a No 72 etc.
Once the engine is pulling cleanly, increase the jetting by 2 jet sizes. From there you can mess around with single unit increments to get the jetting optimised to perfection; right on the very edge of 4-stroking.
This method will give a perfect idle and clean transition from idle to operational rpm when the throttle is snapped open.

Having said that, it takes 2 minutes to optimise the air/fuel ratio with a Walbro style diaphragm carburettor, as compared to the hours of messing around with a float style carburettor such as the NT.

I agree. other than dropping the needle at first. thats the last step. but theres the basics. get the main jet adjusted right. start big, get smaller...judge by performance, not plug colour. once it wont run with the throttle wide open, go back up a size. then drop the needle so the idle is adjustable. who cares what happens in between wot and idle?

and yes, an NT is bad enough, try doing quad carbs off a '83 gpz 750! can you spell NIGHTMARE? getting em back on again is even harder!

any motorbike, actually, is a right pain in the rear end... factor in an hour at least to remove and replace everything before even getting to see jets. can be there for days...

multiple carbs is barely worth the effort with multiple cylinders, let alone on a single cylinder engine

Back