What seems to be the problem here?

Carburetors are so simple that there's no such thing as a bad carb, but a better one is never hard to find. The NT carbs work just fine if you can get them jetted right and seal up all the holes. Much cheaper than buying a $100 mikuni or walbro or whatever carb it is that you're advocating. It's always nice to have a better carb but air is air and gas is gas and any carb that can deliver those two things is going to work just as good given enough tweaking.

And don't think I'm saying you shouldn't upgrade the carb, I've got a shiny new VM18 on mine and am perfectly happy with it.. I'm just saying sometimes a little ingenuity goes miles further than money. If it's a tuning problem then spending a load of money on a new carb will still leave you with a carb that needs some tuning.

I have my doubts on having an air leak but anything is possible. I have swapped the jet screw from the stock carb n put it in the Dellorto clone it did work better but not as good as it could. I'm gonna try it with the speed carb and see what that does and maybe take the one from the speed carb and see what that does on the other 2. I don't know anything about sizes of jets or how to tell but I do think I'm on to something here. I do have high temp silicone to seal a leak if need be. What size jets should I be looking into with a 66/80cc chinese motor?

What size jets should I be looking into with a 66/80cc chinese motor?

That can really depend on your altitude and degree of modification. I would suggest trying your needle in the middle position on the jet you have and checking for rich/lean condition (4-stroking, plug colour, power.) as you work your way to either end of the needle.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=196537&d=1341312352

Aim to get a nice chocolate colour with 4-stroking not being evident under load. If to rich, go for a smaller jet (or 2) to lean, larger but most likely will me to rich.

I hope this doesn't confuse you more, I have only just woke up and haven't even had my Coffee and Ciggy yet, feel special! :D

I think I found an air/fuel leak earlier. Got high temp silicone on it and will hopefully stop what looks like gas leaking from where the gas goes into the motor. Hopefully this makes a difference.

Back