Rolling Stoned

So I am a huge rolling stones fan and for my first build decided to do a black cruiser with red rims white wall tires and adding some rolling stones stickers to give it a Rolling Stones theme.

I started out with an old bike a friend game to me. Beach cruiser with 80cc Skyhawk motor.
View attachment 52594

Took it all apart...
View attachment 52598

Sanded down the horrible color on the frame that my buddy just spray painted over..
View attachment 52597

Painted it the flat black color I wanted
View attachment 52595

Took out the old wheels and got some new ones with 12g spokes that my bike shop was able to get for me in 24 hours. and of course used come steel wool to spruce up the whilte walls :cool:

View attachment 52596(these are the old ones with dirty white walls)

View attachment 52599 Here she is with no motor....
I also added a new sprocket to the new wheel with a couple of more teeth then the old one. New handle bars also. (BTW how hard is it to drill a hole into the handle bars?)

View attachment 52594 Here she is with the motor.

I actually ran into a couple of issues, one being the clutch which I started a post for in technical and troubleshooting ( http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?43151-What-the-clutch!-!-! )

The other is that since the new sprocket has extra teeth the chain is so incredibly tight that it makes a rough sound when I'm peddling and if I let go of the clutch it slows down abruptly.

The chain is super thick and tough and my chain tool will not break it and I am not sure how I could add more chain. Do I just have to buy a new longer chain? if so how thick should be good enough? like, if I go to a bike shop what size chain do I ask for?? Help!!:sick:

I know how it is when you get involved in a motorbike build. "Wild horses couldn't drag me away".

I guess you had no choice but to "paint it black".

Definitely, "I go wild" for those sportster bobber motorcycles. I figured it would be fun to do some "dirty work" on this one and "let it loose" with that look.

Its been a bit frustrating getting it to work right, I'm honestly about to have my "19th nervous breakdown"

I ordered some new parts that I am waiting for in the mail so I'm going to give it "one more shot" and if I can't get it to work right ill have to go "back to zero" with a brand new motor.

"you can't always get what you want" but I won't stop until I have the "luxury" of riding down the "moonlight mile" getting my "rocks off" on my build! :D

Tractor Supply Co stores sell a no. 41 chain breaker that works well on the kit chains. On many occasions, I felt the need for some "Mother's little helpers" to help me finish my motorbike.

I gotta say it was definitely a frustrating process but I finally got it done and running reliably.

I had to order an engine repair kit from a website and added new CDI, stock carb (the CNS one I had previously purchased was almost impossible to get a flush seal with the intake and the idle screw fell off while riding) new throttle and clutch cable and lever.

I also took out the beach cruiser handle bars and added some new ones that fit the look I was going for a little better.

I have a banana seat I want to use with it because I want the seat to be as flush as possible with the back tire but I cannot find a sissy bar that fits the look I'm going for.

I am posting from my phone right now but will try to post a picture of the bike later :)

So this is what its looking like so far. Im super happy with the outcome.

IMG_2371-1.jpg

I had an old mountain bike seat on there that was kiiiiilling me, my tail bone was literally hurting all day because all I've been doing is riding this thing. My car is super jealous :rolleyes: so I went out and bought a cheap walmart seat

IMG_2384-1.jpg

Also got this wireless speedometer at my local shop

IMG_2385.jpg

here is how it attached to the rim. Super easy and fast to set up.

IMG_2386.jpg

I actually have a banana seat which is what I want to use eventually but haven't been able to find a sissy bar exactly like I want. I want the seat to be almost flush with the back tire exactly like the example below:
Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 6.58.32 PM.png

Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated!! :)

So this is what its looking like so far. Im super happy with the outcome.

View attachment 52807

I had an old mountain bike seat on there that was kiiiiilling me, my tail bone was literally hurting all day because all I've been doing is riding this thing. My car is super jealous :rolleyes: so I went out and bought a cheap walmart seat

View attachment 52806

Also got this wireless speedometer at my local shop

View attachment 52808

here is how it attached to the rim. Super easy and fast to set up.

View attachment 52809

I actually have a banana seat which is what I want to use eventually but haven't been able to find a sissy bar exactly like I want. I want the seat to be almost flush with the back tire exactly like the example below:
View attachment 52810

Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated!! :)

came out looking NICE!!!! How are those brakes? Are they good on the stop?

Not really, I have to figure out a better break system that doesn't involve getting new wheels with a disk break. I have to move across the country in July and don't want to throw more money into the bike unless I absolutely have to.

The breaks suck but they will do until I figure out a cheap alternative :/

Back