Clutch I lost my lock screw.

Zaqq

Local time
5:16 PM
Well, this is a rather simple question. Do you guys know where I can get a new lock screw for the flower nut in the clutch? I seemed to have misplaced mine during a disassembly. I lost it last year before the winter and it started slipping after a mile or so. I have looked on many of the online vendors and I cannot find any replacements. I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for finding a replacement online or the thread count/size.

Thanks.

It is a 3mm screw with a 0.7 thread pitch.

I finally had a chance to fix this thing and I found that it is really 4mm with .7 thread pitch. It may just be my specific Chinese engine or you may have typed it up wrong.
Cheers.

heh, could be a change, I gave it a second measure with my verniers and it is indeed a 3mm on my bike. The engine is many many years old though so that may be something else they changed over the years.

Although i haven't measured my flower nut indexing screw, from memory it appeared to be around 3mm, though my engines are around 4 - 5 years old.

Your engine is of similar age to mine, if there isn't already perhaps some ambitious person could log these changes and give each type an unofficial model number as I have had a lot of trouble trying to get an "official" engine designation for any of my kits.

flower nut lock screw is usually same as clutch cable lock screw

Back