LandRider The Outer Limits

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
3:05 AM

Outer Drive in Oak Ridge Tennessee. Up to 30%+ grade hills. Stats: riding time 19m57s; distance 5.1 miles; average speed 15.3 mph; max speed 37.4 mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://youtu.be/sL1xor0Z4PU

Outer Drive in Oak Ridge Tennessee. Up to 30%+ grade hills. Stats: riding time 19m57s; distance 5.1 miles; average speed 15.3 mph; max speed 37.4 mph.

nice ride, jerry. thanks for sharing. your bike did a good job tackling some of those monster hills. i've got several steep hills on my commute route but they're nothing compared to yours. happy trails!

I currently use a RS 35 engine. I now have a Honda GXH 50 I'm planning to switch out with the RS 35. Because the bike shifts gears automatically I can climb steep hills in spite of the 33 cc engine. I've figured out a way to modify the LandRider derailleur to where it'll be able to shift an internal hub automatically. Will be building that bike in the near future using the RS 35 engine.

I currently use a RS 35 engine. I now have a Honda GXH 50 I'm planning to switch out with the RS 35. Because the bike shifts gears automatically I can climb steep hills in spite of the 33 cc engine. I've figured out a way to modify the LandRider derailleur to where it'll be able to shift an internal hub automatically. Will be building that bike in the near future using the RS 35 engine.

i took a look at your album and really like the auto shift bike. i'm going to keep my eyes out for a used one. keep us posted on how the GXH50 performs. i may hit you up later on pointers when doing a similar build as yours.

Is your internal hub automatic transmission system going to be an improved (beefed up) version of the Nuvinci Hub :drool5:

because

i'm putting in my order right now, if it's an improved (beefed up) version of the Nuvinci Hub :drool5:

Fabian I'm going to use a Strumey Archer 5 speed hub. I've modified the LandRider derailleur to where it be able to shift an internal hub automatically.

Oh Gosh, now i must cancel my order.

The conditions that i ask of my bike would (with violent explosive force) blow the gears and springs out of a Strumey Archer 5 speed hub.

Yeah I bought a Honda GXH 50 engine. I'm going to put it and a Staton 16.07:1 gear box on my current bike. I'm going to use the RS 35 and 18.75:1 gear box with the internal hub automatic. Still I agree you haul way too much weight for what I'm wanting to build. Although the sprocket setup I currently use might work for you especially it you use a White Industry cassette hub.

Back