Hi

banned_for_life

Local time
2:45 AM
New around these parts of the interwebz, just stopped in to say hey! I'm here to socialize with like minded individuals, and I ride a 4 stroke.

I also like 4-strokes, but the problem is that they look like a ghastly & clumsy rototiller engine, and no self respecting person would be seen dead with such a hideous looking engine on their bike.

The 2-stroke design is much more pleasing on the eye when in a bicycle frame.

yea i like them, they can sound allot better then a 2 stroker with the right setup like a mini harley v twin but they are just to damn big for a bike frame because of the extra parts needed to make them run like the valves.

Some people prefer functionality and reliability over looks. It so happens that I find the look of my bike aesthetically pleasing, but wouldn't care if I didn't. Personally, I think 2 strokes look small and toy-like in a large cruiser frame. A 4 stroke fills out the frame nicely. I built several bikes with 2 strokes myself before switching to a 4 stroke, and for me the reliability just doesn't even compare. Of course, my engine is a flat-head, so that makes a difference with looks. I feel that my bike looks like an older motorcycle, and I like it very much. People say about 2 strokes having less moving parts, but with a shift kit it comes out about the same. My single speed 4 stroke outperforms any of my previous single speed 2 strokes in daily usage. Even my last 2 stroke, with a high comp head and performance exhaust. I don't know if the OP feels the same way or not, but personally I will never go back to the kit engines.

I like the way a 4 stroke sounds better but 2 strokes perform better for a given displacement and are simpler to work on.

Back