Hi

I got banned for advocating 25:1 using a barrage of research to prove that higher oil/fuel ratios reduce localised hot spots from excessive bore distortion as well as reducing piston ring wear from the previously said condition, which consequently increases engine power by reducing blow-by, not to mention an improved hydrodynamic gas pressure barrier; despite the fact that with all of the supporting evidence the moderator insisted Optimax used at 100:1 was "good" for your engine and would not have "any" negative effect on engine life or engine power.

Calling the moderator a small minded peanut for not accepting the research didn't help.

I don't know which mod you got into it with, but here is a mod recently commenting on mix ratios:

2door
Super Moderator

If you are using a good air cooled 2 stroke oil follow the manufacturer's mix ratio recommendations. We usually suggest anywhere from 24:1 to 32:1 as a good ball-park mix ratio.

Good luck.

Tom

I see that all the DISGUSTING ABUSE OF POWER by the mods and administrators is still going on over there. Seems like they come up with more rules to keep people away than anything else. If you don't want to fit perfectly into their little agenda, you get hammered for it. **** that place. ****ing little motorbicycling.com *****es.

I also like 4-strokes, but the problem is that they look like a ghastly & clumsy rototiller engine, and no self respecting person would be seen dead with such a hideous looking engine on their bike.

The 2-stroke design is much more pleasing on the eye when in a bicycle frame.
Hmm, none of my 4-stroke builds seem to look like 'ghastly & clumsy rototillers' do they?

2_GT2A-L1280.jpg

4sShift12.gif

4sElectra.gif

BigRed.gif

79ccPred.gif

They're all still manually stimulating one another over there as well. Sucking up to sportscarpat for making a deal with worksman. Who gives a ****? Did it put money in any of their pockets? Congratulations to sportscarpat for catering to the rich idiots of our hobby, and making more money off them in a month than some of us see in a whole damn year of busting our humps for peanuts while you sit back and collect royalties off the backs of others. Get ****in real, dude.

Hmm, none of my 4-stroke builds seem to look like 'ghastly & clumsy rototillers' do they?

The left hand side of the bike doesn't look too bad, but the right hand side needs something done to it; to tidy up the look of the engine.
You would have to admit that those 4-stroke engines aren't exactly what could be called a "compact" packaging arrangement.

Now this on the other hand is more like it,

2013-027.jpg

2013-026.jpg

Back